Preservation + Rightsizing (general)
- Rightsizing Strategies for Your Neighborhood, presentation by Brad White (October 2013)
- Historic Preservation and Rightsizing: Current Practices and Resources Survey, completed by PlaceEconomics for the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (2012)
- Population Change in Historic Neighborhoods, completed by PlaceEconomics for the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (2012)
- Putting the Right in Right-Sizing: A Historic Preservation Case Study, published by the Michigan Historic Preservation Network and the National Trust for Historic Preservation (2012)
- Historic Preservation in Shrinking Cities: Neighborhood Strategies for Buffalo and Cleveland, Emilie C. Evans, Master’s Thesis, Columbia University (2011)
- Between a Rock and a Historic Place: Preservation in Postindustrial Urban Planning, Cara Bertron, Master’s Thesis, University of Pennsylvania (2011).
Planning + Policy in Legacy Cities
- Regenerating America’s Legacy Cities, by Alan Mallach and Lavea Brachman, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy (2013)
- The City After Abandonment, Margaret Dewar and June Manning Thomas, Editors, Center for Community Progress (November 2012)
- Revitalizing the Legacy Cities of Upstate New York (February 2013). In this report, the American Assembly, CenterState CEO, Syracuse University, and University at Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning call upon elected, business, and civic leaders to take a regional approach to the challenges faced by Upstate New York’s legacy cities.
- A Guide to Land Banking and Historic Preservation In New York State, The Preservation League of New York State
- [Video] Land Banking and Historic Preservation – A Match Made on Earth Webinar, HeritageOhio (May 2, 2012)
- State Tax Credits for Historic Preservation: A Public Policy Report Produced by the NTHP, by Harry K. Schwartz (September 2012)
- Architectural Salvage: Its Use and Validity within the Preservation Field, Sheri Elizabeth Repovich, Master’s Thesis, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana (May 2009)